Thursday 29 October 2015

Throwback Thursday - BMG Unheard Music Week 4

In September I featured videos from some of my favourite artists that I worked with during my time with BMG. That seemed to go over pretty well, so I decided to extend it to this month, but with a slight difference. 


For the month of Oct I will not only be featuring music from my BMG days, but the music will be from artists that we (BMG Team) were introduced to but that was pretty much it. In some cases the album was only released as an 'import' in other case, nothing was released at all. 

This week's throwback is to a band called American Pearl. Their debut album was actually released by Wind-Up which was distributed by Sony (pre-BMG merger) in Canada, but in the U.S. Wind-Up had a deal with BMG for distribution and because of that American Pearl was one of the bands showcased at the BMG National Conference. We got to see a full live show with them and Corrosion Of The Conformity (another band we weren't going to be distributing in Canada). For me this showcase was probably the biggest tease. 

Never saw much about American Pearl after the conference aside from having a track on the Scream 3 sound track. 



No comments:

Post a Comment