Monday 29 December 2014

2014 Top 10 Lists - Those 70's Songs!

In case you didn't check out my previous post...

Every year on New Years Day I hit ‘reset’ on the play count on my iTunes, but before I do I always take a look at which songs I listened to the most during the year. Leading up to the end of this year, I thought I’d include a couple additional Top 10 lists based on my playlist, just to give everyone a slightly more rounded view of what I listen to and maybe introduce some new music to some people. Besides...it's not like there isn't enough Top 10 lists at the end of the year as it is...

Today's Top 10 List...Those 70's Songs! 

Earlier this summer I was channel surfing and came across a Time/Warner infomercial promoting a series of CD showcasing the music from the 70's. I ended up stopping on the channel and watching/listening to the whole infomercial, making note of some of the cooler tracks and then heading offer to iTunes to make some downloads. Much to my surprise, a lot of these songs ended up in my regular playlists and in someways dominated my listening for the rest of the year and thus the inspiration for this Top 10 list. Keep in mind the majority of the tracks on this list where showcased in that infomercial...you may think there's some stuff from the 70s that would normally be in my Top 10 list of 70's music...but this year was dominated by stuff that wasn't the usual. Here's the list...

10 - "Fat Bottom Girls" Queen

9 - "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" Leo Sayer (his appearance on the Muppets may have helped him get on this list...)

8 - "Magic" Pilot

7 - "Black And White" Three Dog Night

6 - "Lookin' Out For No. 1" Bachman Turner Overdrive

5 - "The Weight" The Band


4 - "Last Song" Edward Bear


3 - "A Horse With No Name" America


2 - "Crazy Horse" The Osmonds (YES...The Osmonds!)


1 - "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" Jim Croce (in all fairness, technically the Top 5 were all Jim Croce songs...just didn't seem fair dedicating half the Top 10 to him)


No comments:

Post a Comment