Tuesday 22 July 2014

(Almost) 135 Reasons why radio won't play your song

About a year ago, Alan Cross posted a list of 101 reasons why radio won't play your song. Eric Alper, with the help of some Music Directors, Program Directors and other radio types from across North America have expanded the list to 135 (although I noticed "It sounds like something my mom would hate" appears on the list twice). 

Over the years, whether I was working a single for a major signed act with BMG or a new indie artist with Oddball Productions, at one point or another I heard every single one of these. Sometimes I could understand where the reason was coming from, sometimes it seemed to come straight out of left field. Nature of the business. Regardless, when you believe in a track you're going to keep working it...even if you're told "It sounds like something my mom would hate"

No il will to any of my radio friends...more than anything, this was just a fun read.

135 Reasons Why Radio Won't Play Your Song


No comments:

Post a Comment