Tuesday 8 July 2014

Rapid Decline Of Social Media

My gut is telling me social media as a promotional tool is on a steady, rapid decline. Sadly everything this guy says in this video I have read on Facebook, Twitter, etc.



I was going to encourage artists to post replies sharing what they're doing now that social media isn't the strong promotional tool it once was, but then I realized if anyone does share what they're doing and other bands read what post, the other bands will start mimicking those new activities and just like social media it will become over saturated and easy to ignore. I also realized, there are a lot of bands still doing the same stuff this guy was mocking in his video, so there was also a chance no new ideas would get shared. 

And yes...I get that it is somewhat ironic...maybe even hypocritical that I posted this on a form of social media...

No comments:

Post a Comment