Thursday 4 June 2015

Bassist Beats Bears Battlestar Galactica

Okay...I can admit I'm biased being a bassist, but I can honestly say that a lot of what is said in this article is how I've always felt about playing the bass...think what you want, but in the end its the bass that brings the band together. 

Science Suggests Bassists Are Far More Important Than Most People Realize
When Led Zeppelin's bassist John Paul Jones was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, he made a classic bass joke. "Thank you to my friends for finally remembering my phone number," he said, looking over at the rest of the band. 
Like any good joke, there's some truth to it: Bassists are criminally overlooked and underappreciated members of most every band. Yet there's scientific proof that bassists are actually one of the most vital members of any band. There are powerful neurological and structural reasons why our music needs bass. It's time we started treating bassists with the respect they deserve.
CLICK HERE to read the rest of the article...

No comments:

Post a Comment