Friday 7 March 2014

My 2014 Predictions Coming True...U2 New Album Delayed???


Near the end of December 2013 I share my prediction for the music industry in 2014. Lots of people do this every year in Dec, but I rarely see anyone actually following up and sharing if any of their predictions came true or not...so I decided I'd do that. If some of my predictions become true or it becomes fairly obvious that the prediction is not going to come true, I'll blog about it. 

Another one might be becoming a reality...here's what I predicted...

New U2 Album Will Be A Flop – This prediction is more of a gut feeling. There seems to be a lot of buzz and talk about the upcoming new U2 album. First there were the rumors about its release, then the tie into the Nelson Mandela movie and then other stories about U2 parting ways with their long time manager and making appearances at small club shows and sitting in with cover bands at weddings. Bono was even out busking (supposedly a Christmas tradition) in his hometown over the holidays. With all this hype, my gut is telling me the album will be a flop. Sure you’ll probably hear the first official single all over the radio and there will be some significant sales out of the gate, but the hype will fade quickly and we’ll spend less time talking about the album than was spent hyping the release.

Billboard Magazine announced today that the new U2 album is going to be delayed till 2015. (CLICK HERE to see the article). Since late 2013 U2 has been everywhere, making appearances leading up to the release of this new album and now it's delayed...in the article they even noted that the band has scheduled additional sessions with their producers. Maybe U2 read my predictions for 2014 and decided to reconsider releasing the album...

No comments:

Post a Comment