Thursday 21 August 2014

2014 Predictions UPDATE...no one is perfect...

Okay...I can admit when I'm wrong about something.

Earlier this year, I shared my music predictions for 2014 and I promised to try and provide updates on the predictions as they came to fruition or seemed to be obviously not going to happen.

One of those predictions was that Nickelback (or at least Chad Kroger) would go country. The evidence is there, from having worked with Mutt (Shania Twain) Lange to the Nickelback 'mini-mes', Dallas Smith from Default and Theory Of A Deadman jumping on the country wagon.

This past week, Nickelback released their new single "Edge Of A Revolution" and much to my surprise it was the typical formulated Nickelback rock song. Not country.

So far just the single has been released, so we don't know that the rest of the album will be rock. Based on the first single from the album, there's probably a fair slim chance they will try releasing a country song on this album...if they do there will only be  1 or 2 country track.

I still think this can and will happen...Chad's going country. Shine up the boots and just accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment