Monday 2 March 2015

Eight Days A Week

A while back I posted a blog about how I think creating and sharing playlists on streaming sites like Spotify, Rdio, etc could potentially be the new “mixed-tape”. (CLICK HERE to read that blog) 

In that same blog I hinted/suggested I was toying with the idea of creating my own regular playlist to share with others. Since then I’ve asked a series of questions to see which streaming sites people use and if they follow any specific playlists to get a sense of where I should make my playlist available for others.

I’m excited to share with you my first playlist called Eight Days A Week.


Here’s the basic premise of what this playlist will be about and include.

Once a week I will be sharing a playlist made up of 8 tracks. These tracks were all new to me during the week. I will not discriminate when it comes to genres (although the majority will probably be rock, hard rock and metal)

I love hearing new music and earlier this year, I challenged myself to try and hear at least one new song a day. To make it slightly more challenging, I added the stipulation that I can’t seek out new music, I had to come across the new song randomly.  Listening to streaming sites, satellite radio, playlists I follow and other option waiting for a new song to come up in the mix.

Along with my love of hearing new music, I'm also very passionate about introducing others to new music and what better way to do that than by creating my own mix-tape/playlist. 

Knowing that not all people access music in the same way, I've made the Eight Days A Week playlist available through three different options. Mixcloud, Spotify and Rdio. Feel free to follow my playlist through these options so when the list gets refreshed every week, you won't miss any of the new tracks! 

***Side note...because I've actually been thinking of doing this for a while, I've technically already put together 2 weeks worth of new music and have another 3-5 weeks of new music to put together to catch up to this week. So the first couple playlists will be published fairly quickly, slowing down to one a week once I'm caught up to the current week of new music. Also, some songs may not see 'new' as I heard them for the first time weeks ago and other sources may have started playing them. 

Anyways...enough of that...lets get right down to the music. 

Eight Days A Week - Episode 1



CLICK HERE to listen on RDIO 
CLICK HERE to listen on SPOTIFY


Eight Days A Week - Episode 2



CLICK HERE to listen on RDIO 
    
CLICK HERE to listen on SPOTIFY

Let me know what you think of the playlists, the concept, the tracks and if there is anywhere you'd recommend I go to hear new music, let me know! (Also feel free to share this with others)

No comments:

Post a Comment