Tuesday 11 August 2015

R.I.P. Columbia House

More shocking than the fact that after all this time Columbia House, the subscription service famous for offering 13 records for $1, is finally shutting down is probably the fact that after all this time Columbia House is shutting down! 

At first I thought this may have been a Throwback Tuesday post, but nope. This JUST happened. 

So I'd like to take a quick moment to say Kudos! to Columbia House. In an era of the music industry were we have seen many music retailers close their doors, Columbia House lasted a lot longer than most. And that's with the countless number of people who didn't full-fill the subscription agreement, never paid for the CDs/Cassettes/Records, or committed mail fraud by making up a name and signing up.  I'm looking at you "Jerry Hammersmith". Then there's my all time favourite, my high school class mate who signed up and then wrote deceased on the invoice and mailed just the invoice back. 

I wonder if this means the people that owed them money, their debts are now cleared? 

CLICK HERE to read the full story on the demise of Columbia House. 


No comments:

Post a Comment